Tuesday, July 07, 2009

The Loved One - " ...... Further Observations" Reissue


Thanks to Dryden Hawkins for sending me this CD.
" ...... Further Observations" is The Loved One's 2nd album, a cassette-only release from 1982.
It contains recordings from 1979 to 1982 of which the title track is the definitive version of the track 'Observations' that appeared on the Some Bizarre comp. album.
I posted their 3rd album "Locate And Cement" a few years ago. This album is somehow more accessible and less experimental than "Locate And Cement" but it has that typical The Loved One sound.
All the albums will be remastered and reissued in the coming years so watch out for these.
A new album "SET" will be released next year.
For more info on The Loved One and to obtain the CD:

Metaphon

2 comments:

PANKERIJADA said...

great blog!cheers

Anonymous said...

I see that someone in the past had been looking for The Last Man In Europe Corporation lp. I have coincidentally myself been looking for many years too. I happened to notice that on ebay u.k there is a copy or two being sold for 22 euro. Iam not sure how much that be in convert, but doesn't sound too much. If I was not far so away I would order. But, I had experience of half what I order out of my country to never show up. If anyone is of a generous blogging heart, I emplore you to get ahold of it and post it for all to hear. Is very good work from situation label turn Beggars banquet. Please purchase 'songs from the ark'. You will not be disapointe if like you real good minimali post punk, and would make me,and others very happy to hear after all this time. Than-you. I also want to say I like this blogg very much :)

Ed.